Condom Couture 2013 [Second Place]


  I had the honor of being a part of a fashion show for Planned Parent Hood. Condom Couture is a fashion designing contest where 15 contests compete for 1st place for $1000, 2nd and 3rd place for $500 by creating Condom- Inspired Fashion for a cause. You had to use 600-800 non lubricated condoms (given by them)  in a creative way to create a high fashion red carpet garment. This was one of the hardest pieces Iv done so far in my fashion career but I placed second and I was beyond proud of myself. Especially since this was my first time! My outfit was three separate handmade pieces; a corset, leotard bottoms and sheer split skirt, decorated with CDs (glass part) and handmade CD earrings inspired by Beyonce's leotard in concert.

My model & I

3 piece outfit with corset, leotard bottom and sheer skirt handmade

Glass Part are Cds

Closeup of corset Handmade Cd Earrings




Katie and her model Audrey Hepburn inspired

Dianas Dress


1st place winner

More Dresses in the show

3rd Place winners Dress

Dominatrix Mermaid?

Flower Power 70's Dress






1st (middle), 2nd (right), 3rd (left)
All the models rocking our dresses

Crazy Faces


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT

Stylebased is my brand and Haley Green is my name, but I go by both. This is the lookbook and blog of a 21 year old Fashion Student, Designer & Stylist. Attends Columbus College of Art & Design.

Stylebased

Contact Me Serious Inquires: Hgreen.1@go.ccad.edu