Homecoming Dress Success

So I had a client come to me wanting a dress that her great grandmother use to own turned into a modern homecoming dress. She requested that the dress be tighter and possibly backless, along with any ideas I may have had. This dress being a size 12 and made of glitter and sheer fabric it was a difficult endeavor. I had alot of fun recreating her dress and  achieved everything she wanted and more.
 Needless to say I had  an overjoyed customer!
 (sorry for some of the quality of the pics)



Before any alterations to the dress (fully incased collar, zipper up the entire back, and rather large)

After: Completely cut out collar and hand sewn, taken in to body size and tighter sleeves

Made Backless with a lowered zipper and added V cut out)

Customer wearing dress; Closeup of hand sewn collar detail

Made to be Completely form fitting

Backless but still classy and age appropriate


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT

Stylebased is my brand and Haley Green is my name, but I go by both. This is the lookbook and blog of a 21 year old Fashion Student, Designer & Stylist. Attends Columbus College of Art & Design.

Stylebased

Contact Me Serious Inquires: Hgreen.1@go.ccad.edu